Homemade Frozen Vanilla Yogurt
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 0 mins
Total Time 6 hrs 10 mins
Servings 4 servings, about ½ cup each
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- ½ vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed (or ½ tsp. pure vanilla)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Combine yogurt, honey, and vanilla bean seeds in a medium bowl; mix well
- .Place mixture in a re-sealable gallon-sized plastic bag. Lay bag flat.
- Spread mixture into an even layer. Press to eliminate air pockets; seal tightly.
- Lay flat in freezer. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until almost firm.
- Break mixture into small pieces.
- Place in food processor (or blender).
- Add milk. Process until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into 8 x 4–inch loaf pan; cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until mixture is firm but can be scooped.
- Serve immediately.
• Substitute cold, brewed espresso for milk and add 2 teaspoons cacao nibs.
• Substitute unsweetened chocolate almond milk for milk and add ¼ cup coarsely chopped unsweetened dried cherries.
• Substitute ½ tsp. pure coconut extract for vanilla bean seeds and add ¼ cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut.
• Add ¼ cup chopped raw pistachios.