Southern Spiced French Toast With Bananas and Pecans
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Servings 4 servings
Calories 169 kcal
4 large eggs
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk 1
Tbsp. + 4 tsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread (like Ezekiel®)
2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
2 large bananas, sliced ¼ cup chopped raw pecans
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow pan; whisk to blend.
2. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture for 10 seconds on each side.
3. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bread; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
5. Top each slice evenly with 1 tsp. maple syrup, ½ banana, and 2 Tbsp. pecans; serve immediately.
• If you'd like to toast pecans: heat skillet to medium heat. Add pecans; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
• If desired, scramble the remaining egg mixture in a skillet and evenly divide among 4 servings, to fully account for containers.
Like healthy recipe videos? Check out FIXATE for tasty tips!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 296 Total Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 186 mg Sodium: 84 mg Carbohydrates: 36 g Fiber: 5 g Sugars: 12 g Protein: 12 g